Dr. Melanie Herzfeld
||Dr. Herzfeld's interests include special attention to all ages for both diagnostics and treatment, but with specific interest in tinnitus, misophonia and hyperacusis. She is well published in these areas. She enjoys fitting patients with hearing aids and assistive listening devices, whether for pediatrics, geriatrics or in between. She is also well versed in auditory processing issues.
- BA, Speech with Honors, Lehman College, Bronx NY. 1971 (formerly Hunter College, Bronx Campus),
- MA, Audiology, Queens College, Flushing, NY. 1975
- Audiology Doctorate, Central Michigan University, Mt. Pleasant, Mi. 2000
- Board Certification in Audiology
- New York State License in Audiology #134
- New York State License as Hearing Aid Dispenser #199431
- Certificate of Clinical Competence in Audiology awarded in 1976
- July 2003 to present; Private Practice, 113 Crossways Park Drive, Woodbury, NY. Complete hearing healthcare services provided.
- March 1986 to July 2003; Director of Audiology ProHealthcare Associates, formerly Otolaryngology Associates, Lake Success, NY
- March 1986 to November 1989; Consulting Audiologist to Ronald Levy, MD, Great Neck, NY.
- September 1984 to February 1990; Senior Audiologist, Huntington Hearing and Speech Center, Huntington, New York.
- March 1985 to March 1986; Senior Audiologist, Little Village School, Garden City, NY.
- April 1981 to April 1983; Audiologist, Community Health Program, New Hyde Park, NY.
- June 1975 to April 1981; Coordinator, Audiological Services, Association for the Help of Retarded Children, Bohemia, NY.
- March 1978 to March 1980; Consulting Audiologist, Arthur Podwal and Associates, Syosset, NY.
- January 1975 to January 1976; Adjunct Instructor, Kean College, Union, NJ.
- January 1974 to August 1975; Adjunct Instructor, Queens College, Flushing, NY.
- March 1971 to June 1973; Speech Language Teacher, The Children's Village, Dobbs Ferry, NY.
- Building and Growing an Audiologic Practice. Handbook of Clinical Audiology. Jack Katz editor. Seventh edition. Wolters Kluwer Health, Phila PA, 2015, chapter 42, pp805-815.
- Clinical Trial on the Effectiveness of Widex Zen Therapy for Tinnitus. The Hearing Review, October 2014
- Tinnitus, Hyperacusis and Misophonia Toolbox. Seminars In Hearing, May 2014
- A Clinician's Experience with Using Fractal Music for Tinnitus Management. The Hearing Review, October 2011
- Survey of AuD students confirms need for counseling as part of audiologist's training. The Hearing Journal, May 2001, volume 54, number 5.
- The need for required counseling training in audiology programs, Au.D. Capstone, September 2000
- Zero to three: an expressive-receptive curriculum guide, Linguisystems, 1983.
- Book/tape reviewer for Academy of Dispensing Audiologists, American Academy of Audiology and American Speech Language and Hearing Association publications
- Professional Associations
- American Board of Audiology, Board of Governors 2002-2005, Vice Chair 2003, Chair 2004, Past Chair Ex Officio 2005, Dr. Herzfeld has also served on many task forces as well as having been one of the pediatric specialists to work on the Board Certification examination in Pediatrics for ABA. Currently she is a member of the task force for Practice Analysis in Audiology.
- American Academy of Audiology, Fellow, serving on multiple committees
- Academy of Dispensing Audiologists, member
- Professional member of the American Tinnitus Association
- New York State Speech-Language-Hearing Association, member
- Educational Audiology Association, member
- Hearing Care Group of Long Island, member, Board Secretary 2004-2005, presently serving on the Education Committee
- American Auditory Society, member
- Audiology Awareness Campaign, served as online responder
Dr. Diana Callesano
||Dr. Callesano's special interests include working with children and adults with auditory processing disorders. Since she began working with the Hearing and Tinnitus Center, she has also developed a fond regard for working with patients with tinnitus and hyperacusis. And of course she takes a special interest in being sure all patients are comfortable with hearing aids and assistive listening devices.
- Bachelor of Arts in Communicative Sciences and Disorders, Adelphi University 2011
Graduated Magna Cum Laude,
- Audiology Doctorate, Northwestern University, Evanston Illinois 2014
- New York State License in Audiology
- New York State License as Hearing Aid Dispenser
- Certificate of Clinical Competence in Audiology awarded in 2014
- Hearing and Tinnitus Center August 2014 to present
- Clinical Practicum Sites
- University of Illinois E and Ear Infirmary, Chicago, IL, June 2013-May 2014
- Captain James A. Lovell Federal Health Care Facility, North Chicago, IL, April 2013-June 2013 .
- Special Education District of Lake County, Gages Lake, IL, Jan 2013-March 2013
- Northwest Speech and Hearing Center, Ltd. Arlington Heights, IL, Sept. 2012-Dec. 2012
- Northwestern Medical Faculty Foundation Audiology Services, Chicago, IL, June 2012-Aug. 2012
- Northwestern University Hearing Clinic, Evanston, IL, Sept. 2011-June 2012
- Hy Weinberg Center for Communication Disorders, Garden City, NY Jan. 2011-May 2011
- Professional Associations
- American Academy of Audiology
Hearing and Tinnitus Center, 113 Crossways Park Drive Suite 101, Woodbury, NY
Copyright © 2003-2015 earminder.com
All Rights Reserved.